Adult Education at Lincoln Land Community College provides adults with a variety of educational opportunities in the areas of GED preparation, basic skills, English language skills, adult career pathways and literacy.
Adult Education programming is free, and courses are offered year-round throughout the LLCC district.
Register now for spring GED and ESL classes!
Morning (9 a.m.-noon) and evening (5:30 p.m.-9 p.m.) classes start Jan. 9.
Classes will be offered in Springfield, Jacksonville, Beardstown, Taylorville, Litchfield, Hillsboro and Petersburg. Online classes are available as well.
Undocumented student support
LLCC commits to offering a welcoming, inclusive and diverse community. We support our undocumented and mixed immigration status communities. We are here for you and to help support your educational goals! Learn more about undocumented student support and resources.
GED® preparation, English as a Second Language and tutoring
Get started by following the steps below. There are no costs for these classes, and registration is ongoing throughout the year.
- Complete and submit enrollment form.
- One of our coordinators will contact you with further information.
- Once you have completed testing, fill out and submit the following forms:
Classes are now offered in three different formats to best meet your needs. Tutoring, student support and career preparation services are provided virtually for all formats.
- Attend a variety of class during the day or evening at one of six LLCC locations: Springfield, Beardstown, Jacksonville, Litchfield, Hillsboro or Taylorville. Seats are limited and first come, first served.
- Classes will consist of in-person meetings, remote homework and online activities.
- With the guidance of an online instructor, students will participate in virtual meetings and complete online activities for ESL and GED completion.
LLCC is seeking volunteers to assist adults in improving their reading, math, writing and/or English language skills. Tutoring can be provided in person, remotely or a combination of formats.
The LLCC Adult Education and Literacy department provides free training, including how to tutor remotely. Volunteer tutors must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or its equivalent.