LLCC is an open test center for College Level Examination Program (CLEP) administrations.
Registration and Preparation
Exams are administered during open lab hours on the Springfield campus.
Before calling the Testing Center to schedule your appointment to test, one will need to visit www.collegeboard.com/clep to create an account, register and pay for the CLEP test of your choice.
Testing is done by appointment only. Call, email, or stop by the Testing Center to schedule your test date.
Study guides for each CLEP title can be downloaded from http://www.collegeboard.com/clep.
The total cost to test is $104.
- $87 is due to CLEP for the exam (paid to CLEP day of registration)
- $15 is due to LLCC for administration (cash, check/money order day of test)
Facts about CLEP Testing
- All CLEP exams are administered on a computer.
- Examinees have a maximum of 90 minutes to complete the test.
- College Composition is a maximum of 120 minutes.
- Results are available immediately upon completion (except for College Composition). Therefore, you will know your results right away.
- Most CLEP tests consist of multiple-choice questions. Exceptions include writing an essay in College Composition, and some mathematics exams include completion questions.
- You must wait three months before retaking an exam.
- LLCC serves as a military-friendly test center for CLEP.
- Those who successfully complete a CLEP examination may receive college credit when they meet or exceed the ACE recommended score.
- At LLCC, up to 30 hours of CLEP credit can be applied toward your degree.
- When you complete an exam, you will be provided a print out of the unofficial test results. Official test results are mailed by CLEP directly to the institution you indicate during registration.
- In order to receive credit, score reports must be received by the credit granting institution directly from the College Board. Additional score reports are ordered through CLEP for a fee.