Application for Participation in the Honors Program
Students seeking admission to the Honors Program at Lincoln Land Community College must meet the following requirements:
- High academic achievement as demonstrated by high school transcript and class rank, ACT test scores (25 or higher), awards, and honors.
- Students who have already earned any credits at LLCC, including dual credit classes taken during high school, must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher on their Lincoln Land transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from the student’s former or current high school teachers or college instructors.
- An essay of 300-500 words explaining personal and career goals, and in what way participation in the Honors Program will help the student reach their goals.
- List of awards, honors, and other accomplishments.
Students new to Lincoln Land may apply for the Honors Program when they fill out the scholarship application through LLCC Foundation. Returning students may obtain an application from the Arts and Humanities office ( 217-786-2318 or Menard 2249).
Admission to the Program
Students may be admitted to the Honors Program at any time.
Students are required to attend an Honors Program orientation after admission to the program.
The Honors Program Orientation allows new students to familiarize themselves with both the school and each other. The expectations and organization of the program, including requirements, committees, and events will all be discussed during the orientation, and any questions will gladly be answered by a leading member of the staff.