Students seeking admission to the LLCC Honors Program must meet the following requirements:
- High academic achievement as demonstrated by high school transcript and class rank, ACT test scores (25 or higher), awards and honors.
- Students who have already earned any credits at LLCC, including dual credit classes taken during high school, must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher on their LLCC transcript.
All students who meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to participate.
New LLCC students can apply to enter the Honors Program through the LLCC Foundation scholarship application. Returning students may obtain an application from the LLCC English and Humanities office located in Menard Hall, Room 2281 or by calling 217-786-2375.
Students will be asked to submit the following:
- Two letters of recommendation from former or current high school teachers or college instructors.
- A 300-500 word essay explaining personal and career goals, and in what way participation in the Honors Program will help reach those goals.
- List of awards, honors, and other accomplishments.
Students may be admitted to the Honors Program at any time. After admission to the program, students will attend an orientation covering the program.