Earn college credit and gain valuable work experience!
Cooperative Education (CO-OP) is a program in which LLCC students can earn college credit while gaining work experience for paid or unpaid internships, or part-time or full-time paid employment.
Co-op participants are responsible for identifying, applying, interviewing and obtaining their own job or internship placements. To be eligible for the co-op, students must have completed 12 college credits.
Past participants have benefited greatly from the co-op as they have developed and achieved learning objectives that have prepared them for future career opportunities. During your co-op experience, you will:
- Be challenged to take on new work responsibilities
- Learn new and advanced skills and refine your professional abilities
- Gain professional work experience that can set you apart from your competition in the future
- Explore your career goals and experience different workplace environments
- Network with and learn from professional mentors and valuable contacts
- Earn academic credit toward your degree
Ready to learn more? Make an appointment with Cathy Huffman in LLCC Career Services.