If you are a new student to LLCC, visit our Earning a Credit Degree or Certificate page first to learn more about these general steps to enrollment.
If you are a current or returning student, proceed to the information listed below.
Due to changes to the DMS curriculum that are pending approval, the DMS program may change to an AAS degree. If approved, the 2022 DMS program will start in summer (June 2022). Check with the DMS student success coach for updates on the program status.
This checklist does not guarantee admission into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) program. It is to be used for guiding purposes only and to assist the student in determining if ready to apply to the program.
Please note that all of these requirements must be completed before a potential candidate may apply.
It is the student’s responsibility to notify LLCC Admission/Records/Registration when requirements have been met.
Admission and program requirements are subject to change.
- Attend a DMS informational session given by the DMS program director.
- Provide documentation of a bachelor's degree, or an associate in applied science or associate in science received from a two-year accredited allied health program that is patient-care related and required clinical education. If the bachelor's degree is not in a health-related field of study, the applicant must possess a CNA or BNA certification.
- The following college-level curriculum requisites must be met prior to the beginning of the core curriculum of the DMS education program:
- Algebra, statistics or higher mathematics course
- General college-level physics and/or radiographic physics
- Communication skills
- Human anatomy and physiology (I and II)
- Have official transcripts from all colleges ever attended evaluated by LLCC Admission/Records/Registration. Students who neglect to do this, or delay doing this, may jeopardize their ability to apply to, be accepted to, or remain enrolled in a health professions program at LLCC.
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher for all previous college courses.
- Provide documentation of a chargeback agreement. (Applicable to out-of-district students only.)
- Submit the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program application.
Map out your plan
Schedule an appointment with a health professions student success coach to map out your plan! The health professions student success coaches are happy to assist you in working toward your educational goal of applying to the DMS program. To ensure that you stay on the right path toward this goal, we require that all potential DMS applicants meet with a student success coach. Your student success coach will review with you in detail the DMS admission requirements. Once you have completed all program admission requirements, your student success coach will provide you with the DMS program application.
Following acceptance to the program, students are required to have (at the student’s expense):
- A health assessment
- Documentation of immunizations
- A criminal background check and drug screening
- CPR certification for health care providers
- Influenza vaccines
Chapter 112, Section 103-17, of the Illinois Public Community College Act requires that whenever enrollment in a program must be restricted because of space limitations, a college must give preference to district residents. Consequently, admission to health career programs for students who live outside of LLCC District #526 vary per program based on space available and qualified applicant pools.