The ATI TEAS® is an assessment used to effectively identify applicants with the foundational knowledge required for successful entry into allied health programs. Research has shown students with a higher preparedness category (Basic, Proficient, Advanced, and Exemplary) perform better academically in their first semester of any allied health courses. For this reason, all students applying to the Radiography or Occupational Therapy Assistant program must pass the ATI TEAS® with a Basic or higher score. Students applying to the Surgical Technology program must pass the ATI TEAS® with a proficient or higher score OR have an ACT composite of 19 or higher OR SAT total score of 980 .
Five steps to ATI TEAS® success
- Create an account with ATI Testing. Firefox is the recommended browser to use.
- In the Secure Sign On area click on “Create an account.”
- When a new screen opens, fill in all the fields. In the “Institution” field select “Lincoln Land CC AH." Please also enter your LLCC student ID number. You must do this before you can test.
- Write down your username and password and keep it in a safe place. You will not be able to take the ATI TEAS® test without them, and you will use them throughout the radiography program.
- Click the “Register” button; wait for the progress bar to complete. You are done creating your ATI account. Please log out or close the webpage and re-open it before you register for a TEAS® test.
- To register for the ATI TEAS®, log in again and click on the Online Store tab in the upper right corner of the page. Then click on the TEAS® tab on the left side menu. In program type, be sure to select “TEAS® for Allied Health.” Complete all four boxes and click on next to see the listing of testing dates offered at Lincoln Land. The testing will take place at LLCC in the Placement and Testing Office. The cost of the test is $102 plus tax and must be paid for with a credit card online.
- Review how to study for the ATI TEAS® test.
- On the day of the test, plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled test time to check in. The test is timed and will take approximately 3.5 hours to complete. Bring:
- Valid photo ID
- ATI username and password
- Calculators of any kind are NOT permitted (they are provided online within the actual exam itself).
- After the test, print two copies of the score report: one for your records and one to submit with your application.
Frequently asked questions
What is on the test?
The ATI TEAS® is composed of 170 questions, 20 of which are unscored pretest items. Thus, the number of scored questions on which individuals will be evaluated is 150. The total time allotted to complete the test is 209 minutes. There are four components of the ATI TEAS® - Reading, Math, Science, and English/Language Usage.
- Reading, 53 questions, 64 minute time limit
- Key Ideas and Details
- Craft & Structure
- Integration of Knowledge & Ideas
- Math, 36 questions, 54 minute time limit
- Numbers & Algebra
- Measurement & Data
- Science, 53 questions, 63 minute time limit
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Life & Physical Sciences
- Scientific Reasoning
- English, 28 questions, 28 minute time limit
- Conventions of Standard
- English Knowledge of Language
- Vocabulary Acquisition
What is the question format?
The questions are all multiple choice.
How many times can I attempt the ATI TEAS®?
Students may have three attempts within one year of the first attempt.
When can I re-test?
You may re-test after a 30-day waiting period and when there is a seat available on a scheduled testing date. Cost to re-test is $102 plus tax.
Can I use a calculator for the math portion?
The ATI TEAS® test has a calculator within the test itself. Students are not allowed to bring their own calculator.
When will I get my test results?
Right after the test is completed.
Will LLCC accept ATI TEAS® scores taken at another location?
Yes, if you received a Basic or better and it is current within the past five years.
How long is the ATI TEAS® test score good for?
It is good for five years.
The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. ATI may also make improvements and/or changes in the products, pricing and/or the programs described in this information at any time without notice.