Tuition and fee refund policy
Students who officially drop a course(s) prior to the published refund deadline of any semester receive a refund of 100% of tuition and course fees paid. Refunds for a course(s) with a shorter schedule, e.g. module or summer session, are made on a pro-rata basis. View tuition refund dates.
In the event a course is canceled, all paid tuition and fees are refunded.
No refund will be made to students who are withdrawn from any course for disciplinary reasons or absenteeism (Board Policy 5.18). No refund shall be made of activity fees or other special service fees except when a course is canceled.
- If a student-initiated schedule change reduces the total amount of tuition and fees, 100% of the difference shall be refunded if the change is completed prior to the published refund deadline of any semester.
- Other provisions:
- A change of schedule initiated by the college results in a 100% refund.
- Refunds for courses with a shorter schedule, e.g. modules or summer session, are made on a pro-rata basis.
- Failure to attend classes does not constitute a schedule change or withdrawal and does not entitle students to a refund.
Requesting a refund for extraordinary circumstances
Students who are forced to withdraw from a class due to extraordinary circumstances may be eligible for a tuition refund. These appeals are reviewed by a committee who determines if they meet a specific set of criteria, such as being hospitalized for an extended amount of time. The following must be true for an appeal to be heard:
- Classes must have been withdrawn from and cannot have a grade.
- Circumstances must have been outside of the control of the student.
- Unexpected hospitalization, being called to active duty, or an error by LLCC are examples of appeals that are generally accepted.
- Forgetting to drop prior to the drop date, not seeing an email from LLCC, or failing a course are examples of appeals that are generally denied.
- Circumstances must be documented.
- For example, hospitalization records or an email chain showing the LLCC error.
How will my refund be issued?
To learn more about how refunds can be issued to students, including how you can set up electronic deposit (ACH) for refunds, visit How do I get my refund?
Community Education refund policy
A full refund will be issued when LLCC Community Education workshops/classes are full or canceled. Participants can transfer fees to another Community Education program, workshop or class. A full refund may be requested up to seven days prior to the first day of class. View Community Education policies.