Truck Driver Training Program
- 4-week day training, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 6-week night training Monday-Friday, 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Receive 7 college credits for course
- Certificate at graduation from LLCC
- Weekly in-house recruitment visits from employers
- Graduates are employed at a starting salary of $30,000 - $50,000
- Job assistance available
- Lifetime job assistance
- Behind-the-wheel training
- Logbook skills
- Map reading skills
- Backing skills
- 3:1 student/teacher ratio
The first five days in the classroom will be spent preparing students to obtain their permit. Class will also cover logbook skills, map-reading skills and will include visits from recruiters.
The following five days of class will be spent on the training lot where students will learn drop and hook, pre-trip inspection, backing and shifting skills.
During days 11-20 of the program, students will have behind-the-wheel training in Freightliner tractors with 53-foot trailers.
Students will receive real-world experience by driving on frontage roads, U.S. highways, interstates and city streets. They will also prepare for their final test to obtain a Class A commercial driver's license.