Student loans can be useful in funding your education, but use them wisely. You should be aware of the responsibility that comes with borrowing money to finance your education.
It is important to utilize student loans to pay only the cost of your education and to borrow prudently. The Unsubsidized Direct Loans you take out at LLCC will accrue interest. Six months after graduation or dropping below six credit hours as a student will result in the repayment of your loans. Take your investment in college seriously. If you do not follow your repayment schedule, you may end up being in default on your loans. This can hurt your credit rating and prohibit you from receiving future financial aid.
LLCC participates in the Direct Loan Program which provides low interest loans which are guaranteed and funded by the U.S. government. All loan paperwork is transacted through the Financial Aid Office.
Steps to apply for a Direct Loan at Lincoln Land Community College:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Review loans awarded on LoggerCentral and accept or decline them online via LoggerCentral or the Loan Confirmation Form.
- Visit the Federal Student Aid website and sign in to Manage my Direct Loan and complete the:
- Online Entrance Counseling
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- In addition to Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note, students will be required to complete a student loan acknowledgement each year beginning with the current academic year.
The Loan Simulator helps you calculate your potential student loan payments based on individual need. You can use this tool to help estimate payments when you're struggling with payments or if you are looking into what would happen if you borrow more.
You can also use our Loan Repayment Sample to estimate your student loan payment based on the Standard Repayment Plan. Please note: This chart is for estimation purposes only.