Announcing the newest resource from LLCC Career Services. This Employment Opportunities Board features area job openings with such information as qualifications, application processes and links for additional resources.
COVID-19 Remote Services
During this time, LLCC Career Services is available by phone, email, and online appointments.
Services include major and career exploration, job search assistance, resume and cover letter development, and mock interviews.
To make an appointment, please call 217-786-2210 or contact us directly through email:
Thank you for visiting LLCC Career Services
Our office is here to help you explore your career and major options, and prepare you for the current and future job market. You can schedule an individual session to take a career assessment and discuss your areas of interest, create or revise a resume or cover letter, or learn the best ways to embark on a job search. You may also need to schedule a session to fulfill a requirement for a class.
Generally, our services fall into two broad categories.
Major and Career Exploration
LLCC students and prospective students are able to schedule individualized career exploration sessions with our Career Services staff. That’s correct, our services are available for prospective LLCC students, too. If you are considering LLCC, and are uncertain of your major or field of study, we can assist you in researching and thinking about your future career goals. That can help you start your college experience on the right foot.
In your session, you can:
- Complete a Career Assessment & Explore Your Options – identify the best career matches for you based on your interests and future goals
- Consider & Choose Your Major – learn about possible educational paths for the career areas you are considering
- Receive Real World Career Information – learn about different occupations and the duties often associated with those positions, and about opportunities within your chosen career areas
- Watch Day in the Life Videos – see what professionals in your chosen job titles actually do
LLCC students, former students, and alumni (unless you have earned a bachelor’s degree) are able to schedule individualized employment readiness sessions with our Career Services staff. (Alumni who have earned a bachelor’s degree are encouraged to contact the career services office of their bachelor’s level alma mater for employment readiness services.)
When you schedule your employment readiness session, let us know the purpose of your appointment from the list of the following:
- Learn Effective Job Search Strategies – be introduced to the best online and offline strategies, ask your burning job search questions, talk about the best ways to network, and clarify between myth and truth when it comes to job searching.
- Develop a Resume and Other Application Materials – learn how to create a resume, write a cover letter, or compile your best reference list.
- Receive a Resume or Cover Letter Review – whether you need a proofread or a major overhaul, bring your resume and cover letter in electronic and printed format for our professionals to recommend changes to equip you with your best documents.
- Participate in a Mock Interview – be fully prepared for your upcoming interview by doing a practice session with a Career Services professional. Be sure to bring the job posting or job description, and your resume with you to the mock interview.
- Learn about the Experience Gap (Are you qualified for that job?) – find out how to take a job description or posting, compare it to your own qualifications and experience, and identify the gap between where you are now, and where you’d like to be. Our Career Services professional will then help you identify additional activities so you can get the experience you need.
Office Location and Hours
During the summer of 2020, all services are being provided by phone or video appointment. Located within the LLCC Office of Student Success on the first floor in Menard Hall on the Springfield campus, Career Services is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. In the summer, those hours are Monday through Thursday (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Career Services Staff
- Cathy Huffman, career development professional
- Marina Wirsing, career development professional