We are here to help and look forward to working with you! To help manage expectations for your consultation appointment, we want to make you aware of the following policies:
- Consultants do not proofread or edit students’ writing. Consultants work with students to take ownership of their own writing: guiding students through the writing process, making suggestions, and helping them recognize and revise patterns of errors.
- As much as consultants would like to assure students that assistance received in the LLCC Writing Center will guarantee a certain grade, they cannot do so. What they can confirm is that if students apply the input received on their writing, the writing will be stronger than before.
- Students are encouraged to schedule multiple appointments but are limited to three appointments with a consultant per week and a maximum of one appointment in any given day.
- If a student is running late, we will hold the appointment for 10 minutes before giving that appointment to another student.
- If a student does not show up for an appointment without calling to cancel or reschedule, they will not be able to schedule appointments for 30 days.
If you have any questions about the LLCC Writing Center or your consultation appointment, please contact us at 217-786-2341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.