We are here to help and look forward to working with you! To help manage expectations for your consultation appointment, we want to make you aware of the following policies:
- Consultants do not proofread or edit students’ writing. Consultants work with students to take ownership of their own writing: guiding students through the writing process, making suggestions, and helping them recognize and revise patterns of errors.
- As much as consultants would like to assure students that assistance received in the LLCC Writing Center will guarantee a certain grade, they cannot do so. What they can confirm is that if students apply the input received on their writing, the writing will be stronger than before.
- Students are encouraged to schedule multiple appointments but are limited to three appointments with a consultant per week and a maximum of one appointment in any given day.
- If a student is running late, we will hold the appointment for 10 minutes before giving that appointment to another student.
- If a student does not show up for an appointment without calling to cancel or reschedule, they will not be able to schedule appointments for 30 days.