Adults 50 and greater are invited to join this group of individuals devoted to the lifelong pursuit of learning. With 10 to 12 opportunities available each month, the Academy provides enjoyable experiences in learning with a variety of opportunities to develop new friendships. Programs are meeting in-person or virtually. Free Zoom training is available to all new and prospective members.
To join the Academy of Lifelong Learning (ALL), please call us at 217-786-2432.
Beginning July 1, 2021, you can join for a full-year membership fee of $60. We invite you to begin the full benefits of an Academy membership: you can attend lectures, discussions and activity groups, presentations and hands-on activities. Travel opportunities and breakfast speaker programs are offered for a modest additional fee. Enjoy active learning and social interaction in a lively format!
For a full-year membership fee of $120, enjoy all privileges of regular membership, plus 50 percent off most non-credit Community Education (CEW) classes. (Exceptions: Culinary Institute offerings, foreign languages and travel opportunities; special discounts may apply).
- Today’s Topics – varied subjects of current interest
- Chautauqua Series – each year, three-four special series of trio lectures and related discussions
- Flicks on Fridays (FOF) – movie classics (September-April)
- Breakfast Roundtable (BRT) – breakfast with local speakers (extra fee applies)
- Wander on Wednesdays (WOW) – day trips held March-June and August-December (extra fee applies)
- Meet, Greet and Eat (MGE) – monthly dinner events, open to prospective members (extra fee applies)
- Around Town – various group adventures throughout the community
- Tech Talk – discussions, lectures and some hands-on technology lessons
Special Interest Groups
- Swinging Seniors Golfers
- Pedal Pushers (bicyclists)
- Book Lovers
- Bowling League
Senior News and Times Articles
August-September-October 2016: ALL activities ahead!