In accordance with Illinois Community College Board and Illinois Public Community College Act rules on residency the following definitions will determine residency status for students in Community College District 526, Lincoln Land Community College, unless provided under a separate written agreement with the Lincoln Land Community College Board of Trustees.
Proof of in-district residency is required for a student to receive in-district tuition rates for that semester. Once in-district residency is provided, it will stay in effect until a change of address occurs. It is the student's responsibility to notify LLCC of any change of address and to provide the documentation to change residency. Simply updating the address with LLCC does not provide the student with in-district tuition unless the proper documentation is submitted and approved.
View map of Lincoln Land Community College district or use the Illinois Community College Board zip code locater tool to identify what district you are in.
To prove in-district residency, a student must establish residency within District 526 at least 30 days prior to the start of the academic term and provide the Residency Verification form and two (2) forms of valid documentation prior to the start of the term. (Note: a current, valid government issued ID will count as two forms of documentation.)
Please download and complete the Lincoln Land Community College Student Residency Verification form.
Students who meet any of the following criteria will be considered for in-district tuition rates. Residency based on one of these classifications must be proved prior to each term for the student enrolls.
- Employment: Students who reside outside of District 526 but work 35 or more hours per week within the district can complete the Residency Verification form and supply a pay-stub and employer contact information.
- Real Estate Tax Payment: Students who reside outside of District 526 but pay property taxes on land within the district can complete the Residency Verification form and submit it along with a copy of the tax bill.
- Visiting Students: Students attending Illinois School for the Deaf, Illinois School for the Visually Impaired, Illinois College or University of Illinois at Springfield may show a current class schedule showing full-time enrollment from the school/college/university for the term attending LLCC. The student can use the spring and fall schedules in lieu of a summer schedule.
- Cooperative Agreement or Chargeback: Out-of-district students attending LLCC through an approved Cooperative Agreement or Chargeback will only be required to pay the in-district tuition rate at LLCC.
- Military Personnel: Students who reside outside the district but are military personnel stationed and present in the district in connection with military service.
Students who are not United States residents will be charged foreign resident rates.
The following will be accepted if the name and address match what is recorded in the LLCC system, the address within the LLCC district and the documents are dated at least 30 days prior to the start of the semester. You must provide a valid government issued ID with the correct address listed OR two (2) of the following:
- Voter's registration in District 526
- Tax, utility or rent receipts
- Bank account statement
- Lease from apartment or house
- Mortgage agreement or contract
- Medical bills
- Credit card statement
- Insurance card or statement
- Hunting or fishing license
- Phone bill
- Library card