At LLCC, we firmly believe that education is a powerful tool. We have partnered with EVERFI to provide all LLCC students access to two incredibly informative online trainings. These courses are available for students:
- “Sexual Assault Prevention for Community Colleges” covers a variety of topics such as definitions of different forms of sexual and relationship violence, tips on how to recognize “red flags” and intervene as a bystander, information about your rights under federal and state law, and much more.
- “AlcoholEdu” is an online training course related to alcohol use, healthy habits, and other related information. The course will be tailored to your responses on your own personal alcohol use, which means you will receive information relevant to your own choices.
Both courses can be completed in a couple hours or less, depending on which course you take and your reading speed. To take one or both of these trainings, look in your LLCC email account for an email with the subject line “Online Course Assigned to You by LLCC.” Follow the instructions in the email to access your courses. If you can’t find this email, contact Shelby Bedford at email@example.com. Complete the course at your own pace. If you need to take a break, your progress in the course will be saved–just don’t forget to come back and complete the course later!
Note: If you already have an EVERFI account with LLCC, go to http://www.everfi.com/login, enter your login information, and continue your courses!
Other important information:
- You will need internet access and audio capabilities
- To avoid technical issues, use any major web browser (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings. Start and stop whenever works for you, and pick it back up when you’re ready!
- The course includes surveys to help personalize your experience and measure participants’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the participant group as a while and will never see individual answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course or by visiting support.everfi.com
Another way LLCC strives to provide a welcoming, safe and supportive environment is by accessing counseling in our Student Success Office. We have free, confidential, appointment based or walk-in based counseling services available for all LLCC students. You can call 217-786-2224 to learn more about these services or to schedule an appointment.
In addition, there are also community resources available. You can either call 411 or go to https://www.llcc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/resourcesbook2014.pdf for a list of local community services.