If you are a new student to LLCC, visit our Earning a Credit Degree or Certificate page first to learn more about these general steps to enrollment.
If you are a current or returning student, proceed to the information listed below.
This checklist does not guarantee admission into the program. It is to be used for guiding purposes only and to assist students in determining if they are ready to apply to the program.
It is the student’s responsibility to notify LLCC Admission/Records/Registration when requirements have been met.
Admission and program requirements are subject to change.
- Submit an LLCC admission application and all college transcripts to LLCC Admission/Records/Registration.
- Possess the Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) credential. The certification must be in good standing with the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) and not revoked. A copy of the current certification card and/or certificate is required.
- Possess a certificate of completion/diploma in surgical technology from an accredited surgical technology program. A copy of the graduation certificate is required.
- Have employment as a surgical technologist with a minimum of one year of current operating room experience. A letter of employment verification must be provided by the employer.
- Submit the transition to AAS degree in surgical technology application.
View recommended course sequence.
Chapter 112, Section 103-17, of the Illinois Public Community College Act requires that whenever enrollment in a program must be restricted because of space limitations, a college must give preference to district residents. Consequently, admission to Health Career programs for students who live outside of LLCC District #526 vary per program based on space available and qualified applicant pools.