The LLCC Center for Academic Success (CAS) provides services and continued support to promote student learning and enhance in-class performance. CAS staff are ready and available to help you succeed! Virtual academic support services are available through a variety of platforms, including GoBoard and Zoom. In-person meetings with CAS staff are also available. For assistance and to schedule an appointment, contact the Center for Academic Success at 217-786-2396 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2021 Smart Start Seminars – offered in-person and online!
August 31 – September 9
The CAS’s free Smart Start Seminars will provide you with successful study tools to help you get a smart start to your new semester. You can register for Part 1, Part 2 or both! Visit our Workshops and Seminars page to view a schedule of Smart Start Seminar dates and times.
Part 1 topics include:
- Introduction to Study Skills
- Transitioning to College
- Time Management
- Success in Multiple Class Formats
Part 2 topics include:
- Reading and Questioning Texts
- Taking Effective Notes
- Test Taking Skills
- Staying Motivated
To register, complete the online forms below or contact the Center for Academic Success at 217-786-2396.
- Part 1 registration form. Registration closes Friday, August 27 at 12:00 p.m. Noon
- Part 2 registration form. Registration closes Friday, September 3 at 12:00 p.m. Noon
The LLCC Center for Academic Success strives to provide programs, services, and resources that promote the academic success of our students.
- Develop independent learners
- Enhance academic performance of students
- Collaborate with academic and student service personnel to support student success
Location: Sangamon Hall, Lower Level (beneath the library)
Hours: Please visit individual CAS service pages for a listing of hours for a particular service.
Connect: Like and follow us on Facebook
Think of the Center for Academic Success as a fitness center, not an emergency room. Don’t wait! Visit us today!