What students are saying about us …
“The staff are very helpful.”
“If you don’t understand something when you come down here, you will when you leave.”
“Everyone I work with listens to what I say and tries to help me learn in the best way I can.”
Location: Sangamon Hall, Lower Level (beneath the library)
Hours: Please visit individual CAS service pages for a listing of hours for a particular service.
Connect: Like and follow us on Facebook
The LLCC Center for Academic Success strives to provide programs, services, and resources that promote the academic success of our students.
- Develop independent learners
- Enhance academic performance of students
- Collaborate with academic and student service personnel to support student success
Smart Start Seminars
CAS’s FREE Smart Start Seminars will provide you with successful study tools to help you get a smart start to your new semester.
Seminar topics include:
Introduction to Study Skills
Reading and Questioning Texts
Taking Effective Notes
Memory and Test Taking
Visit our Workshops and Seminars page to view a schedule of Smart Start Seminar dates and times.
Free services are available to currently enrolled LLCC students and include:
- Math Center (experienced math faculty and tutors available to provide you with walk-in help for any LLCC math course)
- Peer Tutoring (highly trained peer tutors available to provide you with individualized content help for most LLCC courses)
- Accessibility Services (supportive services for our special needs student population)
- Academic Success Professionals (experienced professionals available to help you with individualized study skills help, applicable to any course)
- Supplemental Instruction (small guided group study sessions)
- Writing Center (professional, individualized writing assistance for any LLCC course)
- Workshops and Seminars (learn about our Smart Start Seminars and other free workshops covering a variety of academic topics)