The Student Success Office offers virtual and phone appointments, and now we also offer virtual walk-ins. View more information about scheduled appointments and virtual walk-ins on the Appointments & Virtual Walk-in webpage.
The mission of the LLCC Student Success is to develop supportive relationships with students in which they take ownership of their education and learn the tools needed to make informed and meaningful decisions about their educational goals.
What Is a Student Success Coach?
The National Academic Advising Association defines Success Coaching as “an interactive process that focuses on the personal relationship created between the student and the coach. The coach challenges the student to think about his or her personal and/or professional goals in order to relate them to his or her academic/educational goals. In this learning process, it is important for the coach to encourage the student to become more self-aware by understanding his or her strengths, values, interests, purpose, and passion.”
Success Coach and Student Roles & Responsibilities
Student Success Coach
- To assist in developing an educational plan
- To keep regular office hours and be accessible during business hours
- To be knowledgeable about campus resources and provide referrals
- To clarify college policies, program information, and procedures
- To offer feedback on course selections you plan to make
- To help you assume responsibility for your decisions and actions
- To celebrate in your successes!
- To meet with your assigned Success Coach regularly
- To be familiar with your program requirements, course pre-requisites, and how to use Logger Central
- To ask questions and participate in the Success Coaching session
- To be aware of important dates and deadlines each semester
- To keep your Success Coach informed about changes in your progress or goals
- To accept responsibility for final decision making and choices
Tips for Your Coaching Session
Your Student Success Coach is your partner during your educational journey at LLCC. Your success is our number one priority! We value your ideas, time, and commitment to achieving your educational goals. We are dedicated to helping you acquire the tools necessary for your success. We encourage you to meet with your Success coach prior to each registration cycle to discuss your educational plan and next steps in achieving your goals. We welcome your questions and concerns and will help you navigate educational planning including explaining how to use Logger Central to register for classes.
LLCC Student Success Contact
Like us on Facebook!
We’ll post important information and reminders to help you stay on track.