College can be a challenging time for students. We know that you have a lot going on in life from academics, to work, to family to personal relationships. LLCC is excited to announce a new partnership with Talkspace, who provides online therapy. We want to provide you and your fellow classmates with additional support to reach your goals. Through Talkspace, we are providing all LLCC students with a free monthly 30 minute live (synchronous) video session and free unlimited text, voice and video therapy messaging with a Talkspace therapist. Students have the ability to choose therapists based on all sorts of needs/interests including race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, religious preference, language preference, etc. Additionally, Talkspace uses a secure and confidential HIPAA and FERPA compliant app. Talkspace also has lots of resources about common diagnoses, coping mechanisms, and exercises such as “Overcoming Worry”. You can learn more by going to talkspace.com/LLCC and to get started check your LLCC email or go to Blackboard/Canvas for the keyword.
In addition, LLCC has Confidential Advisors, who have special training to confidentially assist students experiencing sexual harassment, intimate partner/domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking – student-services/sexual-violence resources.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month
Learn more about Mental Health Awareness Month on the National Alliance on Mental Illness website.
Resources & Links for Students
- Your well-being is important to us, which is why LLCC has a food pantry. If you need a meal while on campus or food to take home, please reach out to the LLCC Student Life Office by contacting Asia Jackson at email@example.com.
- Community Resources: 211 (call 211 on your phone or go to the Springfield United Way website)
- LLCC Police: Non-emergency telephone: 217-786-2278 (on-campus) or 217-786-2278 (off-campus); Emergency telephone: 217-786-2222 (on-campus), 217-786-2222 (off-campus), or 911
- Sexual and intimate partner violence resources
- Talkspace, LLCC’s partner for online therapy