Helping young people • Being a leader • Making a difference
It has been said that knowledge is power. You can empower the minds of the future with a career in teaching. LLCC's education program offers students the option to study for a career in elementary, secondary or physical education. Each of our education programs includes 30 hours of clinical field experience and prepares you to transfer to a four-year university for a bachelor's degree.
Learn more by viewing "Ready to inspire: Education" in LLCC's FORWARD magazine!
LLCC offers the following degree programs to help successfully equip you for a career in education.
Elementary Education • Associate in Arts
- Designed for students planning to complete a baccalaureate program in elementary education.
- Students who complete this degree are interested in pursuing careers as elementary teachers in public/private schools.
- The grade level focus ranges from early childhood (pre-K) through junior high school.
Secondary Education • Associate in Arts
- Designed for students planning to complete a baccalaureate program in secondary education.
- Students who intend to teach high school should be aware that secondary education usually requires a major in a subject matter discipline (for example: English, music, history, etc.).
Physical Education • Associate in Arts
- Meets beginning course requirements for students planning to complete a baccalaureate program in physical education.
- May also prepare students for careers in related fields such as physical therapy, sports management, sports psychology, coaching, etc.
Transfer requirements can vary among universities. It is recommended that students planning to transfer verify the requirements for their university of choice.