Transfer Students

Steps for transfer students

Students who have used their veteran benefits at another school and are transferring to LLCC should do the following:

  1. Request transcripts from all colleges attended and a military transcript from your branch of service to be forwarded to the LLCC Admission and Registration Office.
  2. If applicable, apply for your Illinois Veteran Grant or your Illinois National Guard Grant. For additional application information about the State of Illinois benefits and scholarships, see the Additional Information section below. Submit a copy of your approval letter to the LLCC Veterans Affairs Office as soon as it is received. (If you are using the Illinois Veterans Grant, you only need to submit the application once to establish eligibility.)
  3. Obtain your DD-214 Member 4.
  4. Apply for admission to LLCC.
  5. If needed, take the placement test in the LLCC Testing Center.
  6. See your student success coach to choose your classes, complete an LLCC Veteran Affairs Enrollment Form and a registration form.
  7. Register for your classes by submitting your registration form to LLCC Registration.
  8. Notify Veterans Affairs through the VA website that you are transferring schools.
  9. Submit your DD-214 Member 4 and LLCC Veterans Affairs enrollment form to the LLCC Veterans Affairs Office.

Additional resources