A solid financial foundation can lead to a lifetime of financial success
LLCC is committed to providing students with the tools and resources needed to learn about money management and to make informed decisions regarding their financial wellness.
Here is a short video explaining the new FSA Aid Summary. This easy feature provides a detailed view into aid you’ve received and displays:
- Federal grants received
- Student loan balance
- Progress toward loan payoff
- School enrollment history
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness information
Federal Student Loans
Are you thinking about taking out a federal student loan to help pay for college? Check out this video to learn about your responsibilities as a borrower and what you should consider when taking out loans for college. Learn more about federal student aid.
Do you need help managing your existing federal student loans? The below video may help!
Federal Student Aid’s Loan Simulator is designed to help you make decisions about your student loans. Watch the below video for more information on how to use this great tool.
Entrance and Exit Counseling
The Financial Aid Office has vital information students need to know before taking out a student loan and additional information they need to know when it is time to repay that loan. Please visit the Entrance Counseling and Exit Counseling pages for more information.
- FAFSA Workshops: The Financial Aid Office helps students complete their free application for student aid several times throughout the year.
- Annual Credit Report: Check on your credit reports for free once per report per year.
- ISAC Student Portal: College financial planning made easy. This website provides resources, tools and people that will help you plan for college and pay for an education.
- Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation: Provides a wealth of guidance on topics such as opening a credit account, buying a home, money management and investing your money.
- Mymoney.gov: A government website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics of financial education.